Once you’ve booked your venue and your event has taken place, we’ll earn a commission from the venue. Industry standard is around 8% of the total booking. The rates are not affected as usually a venue’s commission budget comes from their marketing ‘pot’. We never markup rates, nor do we prioritise venues according to the commission rate offered, we will always put forward the best options based on your brief.
If you’re looking to enhance your service, we also offer a number of paid-for services that you may choose to add on – please see our additional services page for details.
- Free venue finding service
- Experienced venue sourcing company booking Ladies Weekends since 1997
- Agreed response times for each enquiry – you set the deadlines
- Multiple venue proposal provided for each enquiry saving you hours calling around
- Cost savings as we can harness the buying power of all our Lodges spend combined
- Because we book venues continuously, we have a strong awareness of market rates and conditions
Square Events is a small, specialised team of venue finders, who care about our customers and their events. We are committed to gaining a thorough understanding of what you are aiming to achieve from your event and venue. We have a strong focus on personal service and will place your account with a dedicated consultant. Both directors are Freemasons themselves, so you can be confident Masonic interests are always close to hand.
If we do not meet your requirements, you are under no obligation to use our service. This means that we always give 100% in ensuring that we deliver the service we promise and that our clients are happy with.
We can source venues for any type of event, including:
- Weekend breaks for
- Rotary Clubs
- Reunion groups
- Gala dinners
- Dinner dances
We subscribe to an online system with every venue and hotel in the UK loaded, meaning our enquiries can be sent to every hotel that matches your brief.
Our wealth of experience and market knowledge has helped our business grow year-on-year. We are a small, specialised and honest company who value your needs. You set the agenda and we keep in regular contact, from the proposal to the confirmation stages of the booking. We consult with and involve you in all aspects of the venue find. We’re confident that this tailor-made approach will ensure you’ll want to keep using us time and time again.
We can find you a venue for tomorrow, next month or in a couple of years. Our team are committed to providing an excellent service that meets your high standards, however quick the turnaround needs to be, just let us know at time of enquiry. Most Lodges tend to be working year to year so 8 – 15 months tends to be the recommended lead time.
Absolutely. Simply let us know where you would like to visit, what you’d like to achieve out of your show round and the dates that you’re available. We’ll arrange the rest, and follow up on anything you need after the visit.
Our experience within the market allows us to negotiate competitive rates on your behalf. We place hundreds of events each year within venues, so we have a good understanding of the rates we should be achieving at various venues and on certain dates. Our buying power also means we can pass any savings on to you. On each proposal, we will clearly identify the rates that we have negotiated for you, and how much we are saving in pounds and as a percentage.
Yes, we have a network of third party suppliers with Masonic event experience located all over the country so if your chosen hotel can’t help you we can certainly point you in the right direction.
For an additional fee added to your guests weekend cost, we can provide guest management services including mail out to all, online booking tool with credit card taking capabilities, engagement of all suppliers, delivery of all requirements to your chosen venue, invoicing and payment of all suppliers.
So that we can continue to offer a free-of-charge service and keep delivering high-quality venue finds, we ask that you use our service fairly and abide by the following terms:
- By appointing us to carry out a venue find, please leave it with us and refrain from contacting any venues or other agencies whilst we are searching. We are happy to contact any venues you would like to try; just let us know at the enquiry stage. We will place all the venues on provisional hold on your behalf to ensure that you do not lose the space to anyone else. It can become very complicated and confusing for all concerned if we are all contacting the same venues and trying to provisionally hold space for the same event, so please leave it with us until your agreed response time. When multiple contacts contact the same venues, it also weakens negotiation power and adds to the venue’s workload unnecessarily.
- If you would like to go ahead with a booking, please advise us and we will make the necessary arrangements. We will then put you in touch with a dedicated contact at the venue who you can liaise with directly if you wish.
- Should you wish to confirm with a venue that was proposed by us directly, or by any other means which would result in Square Events loss of commission, we reserve the right to invoice you (the client) for the total anticipated loss of earnings based on the commissionable value of the enquiry.
Please remember that by engaging our services to search for venues, you are under no obligation to go ahead with any of our proposed venues. All we ask is that if you do like one of them, and decide to hold your event there, you confirm the booking through us.